Saturday 9 January 2016

RansMail #007 March 27th 2004 
 
I'm pleased to say Graham's friend Ed Wallington has agreed to join us, ref Graham's e-mail:- 

"Mike,  I spoke to Ed yesterday. He would be pleased to join in. His mail address is
edward.wallington@crsltd.com
He is still awaiting spars and lift struts from the States but we hope to,get them early next week.
Hope to see you soon now the weather is getting better.
Regards, Graham"


Welcome Ed, maybe you could tell us what you're doing to the Rans, and if you can say, why ?

Well I'd like to see the wx getting hotter too, but after today some viz would be useful too. I went to Devon yesterday, by car, to find the Rans tank empty and the signs of a leak from the tank base connection. This morning after overnighting with brother Vince, I fixed a possibly not dead tight jubilee clip and tried to anoint the tap screwed fitting into the tank base with some petrol proof Isopon. Whatever, it seems ok now and after filling right up to nearly the filler plug I did a few circuits for 1/2 hour. Cloud base was low @ nearly 700 ft aal, and as the ROAD journey home this evening proved, far to low and solid with rain and drizzle for at least 60 miles for it to have been on for the ferry trip. Anyway now I flown an S4 the mental angst has departed, so as soon as the wx improves the trip can be done.

As I mentioned before, I have now written to all the remaining addresses for S4/5 owners, if they're valid we should get a few more people willing to join in & possibly throw in some ideas and tips too.

Mike Hallam.

No comments:

Post a Comment