Saturday 9 January 2016

RansMail #009 March 30th 2004

 
We have one more new member, Brian McCartan, who e-mailed in reply to my letter, saying he'd like to join, here's his reply. That makes seven in the group.

"Hello Mike
Thank you for your letter received yesterday. I am in favour and will
contribute and help all that I can.

I have been flying since 1974 but started micro lighting in 1995 along
with my son, also Brian. I have flown mostly a Thruster, Currently a
T600T Jab.

I purchased the Rans in Sept 2002 as a Winter project for restoration
and received the permit  from PFA only last month. I have not yet flown
it myself but am looking forward to first flight on first suitable day.
I have done quite a lot of work on it and it is now in excellent
condition. I will send you a photo but I did not have time this morning
to sort one out. 

LZ is a tail dragger and I think there may not be many in the format but
I like tail draggers as they suit the field we fly from as it is not an
ideal strip.

I will follow up with a photo soon. You may use this e-mail address but
it is government firewall protected and not all attachments may get to
me. I also use at home address: [mccartanbrian@yahoo.co.uk] but I do not
open it as regularly.

Brian McCartan, Banbridge.

Graham has e-mailed a useful solution regarding my attachment re. the draught problem, thanks Brian, I must try it asap.

"I think the article was for an S6. This will not work on your plane. The normal source of fresh air is the door gap at the top. My aircraft has a thin strip of plastic pushed into the door/screen gap and this has made a massive difference. I can supply a photo if you  need one. Before I did this, you could only fly it in the winter for 30 mins or so before you had to land and warm up. Now it is almost draught free." 

The picture is of my new Rans S4 last Saturday, when previous owner Chris Soden finally handed her over.

Mike Hallam.
 
Chris Soden says g'bye 270304
 

No comments:

Post a Comment