Saturday 9 January 2016

RansMail #010 April 2nd 2004 
 

Hi All,
 
The paint is available from Car builder solutions web site below.  I bought
one can of black Exhaust which was £8.50 + PP about £10.50 in total and it
arrived the next day.  I found the person on the phone very helpful. All I
did was clean up the emery cloth and spray.  I did the spraying outside on a
calm day.  I then ground ran the engine to do the curing.  Seems to have
worked ok.
 
http://www.nfauto.co.uk/
 
 
Cheers, Don
 
   _____  

From: mikehallam [mailto:mikehallam@onetel.net.uk] 
Sent: Fri 02 April 2004 17:10
To: Edward S4 Wallington; Vince Hallam; Graham S5 Smith; Ed. S4 Wallington;
Don S4 Lees; Dave RansS4/5 Cassidy; Brian.McCartan@dardni.gov.uk; Brian S4
McCartan
Subject: Emailing # 10
 
I was hoping to get a few more replies to my mail out, but will rely on word
of mouth now on & may be some will eventually respond. Possibly they aren't
comfortable with or even wish to learn & use this medium ?
(I did 'phone Chatteris filed a couple of weeks ago but the no. I had got
was for the parachute outfit who knew nothing and divulged even less, so I
couldn't easily get any further in locating the "yellow Rans" owner.
 
Meanwhile a photo of new member, Brian's smart a/c G-MWLZ is attached, which
has just come in and Edward Wallington has kindly sent us this note:-
 
 
 "I have been the owner of G-MWEP since '02, & live in Aylesham, which is
located about midway between Dover and Canterbury, a few miles from Graham
Smith's place
I am a trainee NPPL, I bought the aircraft with a view to doing some of my
training on it!  Last year I was doing some tailwheel training at MSA
Chatteris. I hope to continue once the S4 has a permit.
However, I have yet to fly the aircraft, the bit of TLC it seemed at first
to need has on further investigation grown into quite a strip & rebuild.
Graham has been of considerable help, accommodating the aircraft at his
strip. However we suffered a setback as we have found problems with the
wings: one of the leading edge spars has a large dent and the forward lift
struts are both suspect (I had up till now concentrated mainly on the
fuselage and undercarriage)
Still better to find the problems on the ground...
I am presently importing some 6061 tubing from the 'states & I am hoping to
get her flying again soon!    Ed Wallington." 
 
Don, I'd like the source/price of that high temp. exhaust paint, & what did
you do in surface preparation ?  (The one on -FW is rather rusty).
 
Graham, if you can e-mail us a j-pegged down photo of the gap sealer, it'll
help too.
 
 
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment